Music Now Dj's conform to the following conduct guidelines at all events:
- Dress Code: Tuxedos can be worn at all formal functions. Unless otherwise specified, a suit , sports jacket , or casual professional attire will be worn at all other functions. Client's special dress requests are exceptions.
- Stage Setup: DJ equipment and accessories will be neat, orderly and set up in a manner that not only looks professional, but also protects against any person being harmed by tripping over cables, power cords or speaker stands. Loose wires are taped down.
- Volume: The volume of the performance (particularly during the cocktail hour and throughout (lunch/dinner) will be set at a moderate level that permits comfortable conversation at the tables (without yelling). It is normal to increase this volume for dance music after the meal as judged necessary by the DJ based on the size of the audience. The client and/or the onsite event coordinator have the final say.
- Conduct: Professional Disc Jockeys do not drink liquor, eat or smoke on stage while in the midst of a performance. Being fed at the function is a courtesy that is the option of the client. If invited to eat, the meal must be eaten off stage. Coffee, soft drinks, fruit juices or water are permitted on-stage or off.
- Music Selection: The music at the function should be based not only on requests from the client and the audience but also on the DJ's experience. Music Now DJs "read the crowd" and then select the best mixture of danceable music to make the function enjoyable for every age group. DJ Request Songlists are available.
- Announcements: As Master of Ceremonies, the DJ will handle all formal and informal announcements throughout the function. Our experienced MCs are very careful never to say anything inappropriate over the microphone or embarrass or insult any member or segment of the audience.
- Evaluation: A self-addressed, stamped evaluation can be requested by the customer, completed & returned following a performance. In this manner, all of our DJs are subject to frequent, honest reevaluation based upon the customer's observations and comments.